Correcting the error at User Control

Posted: October 23, 2008 in SharePoint
Tags: ,

Recently I got an error in an user control which I used to create users in Active Directory. This user control started to fail in SharePoint after deploying it in to a different server. It threw the following error,

  • Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

The Inner Exception was

  • Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

After a bit of a struggle I found that the error was due to inappropriate setting in Web.Config file.

To correct it set identity impersonate to false.

<identity impersonate="false" />

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s